When Ronnie O’Sullivan approached us to design a table for him, we knew it had to be special. First and foremost, Ronnie demands the best playing experience – the best cloth, the best slate and the most consistent cushion response. We knew we couldn’t compromise on that.
But how to take that extra step and make this a truly unique piece of snooker history? We trialled many different woods, but the first time we saw the magnificent finish and grain that we could achieve by using hand selected walnut – well, we knew that was perfect. A beautiful finish that evokes all the heritage and history in the world famous Riley Aristocrat.
We are only making 10 of these special tables and Ronnie has one as his practice table, so we are left with only 9 available. Each table will be personally signed by Ronnie and, if you are based in the UK, Ronnie will actually come to your house to play on the table with you and your friends – a truly unique experience that can never be repeated.
This Limited Edition table is manufactured from only the finest walnut and selected hard woods throughout the table. The woods are kiln dried and tested for moisture content on no fewer than six separate occasions to ensure, prior to the wood being machined, that the moisture content is at the right level. This in itself can take weeks in its preparation. This process ensures stability of the wood, regardless of the climate, for the projected lifetime of the table. (100 years)
• West of England Strachan 6811 cloth (hand selected from a 50m bolt)
• Tournament cut slate as specified by Ronnie O’Sullivan
• Highest quality Italian slate – laser cut, five piece and 4.5cm thick.
• Riley galvanised steels for optimum response along the whole length of the cushion.
• Pocket leathers made from hand selected English cow hide leather (hand pressed)
• Premium Northern Rubber cushion material for consistent bounce and maximum lifespan. Each piece individually hand selected and tested by our craftsmen before being fitted